:: com :: sun :: star :: form :: validation ::
- Base Interfaces
- (referenced interface's summary:)
- specifies support for validating a component
- Usage Restrictions
- not published
- is a convenience interface for accessing several aspects of a form component
which supports validation.
A validatable form component has two aspects which other parties might
be interested in:
- The pure validity flag: Whatever the user enters in the component, this is
either valid (relative to the active validator), or invalid.
- The current value: Even if the validity flag does not change with the user
input (e.g. because the user replaces one invalid value with another invalid
value), observers might be interested in the current value, for example to
include it in a feedback message to the user.
An XValidatableFormComponent allows to easily access both of these aspects.
Note that all of the information provided at this interface can also obtained by other means,
but much more inconviniently.
- See also
- XValidatable, XValidator
Top of Page
Copyright © 2013, The Apache Software Foundation, Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. Apache, the Apache feather logo, Apache OpenOffice and OpenOffice.org are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.