18th August 2007
OpenOffice.org Mac Porting team announces the top five issues to be fixed for the Barcelona Development Snapshot
The Mac Porting team will release a development snapshot build, codenamed Barcelona. This development snapshot will be the last development snapshot to be based on Carbon. The Cocoa transition has already been started, but has not progressed enough to be able to produce a public release in time for ooocon2007. The build will be released in Mid-September 2007, after the following five issues have been resolved:
- 77549: Fix the scrollbar
- 79581: Fix the black flicker when any window is shown
- 79629: Implement Drag and Drop
- 80701: Draw the combo boxes correctly
- 80704: Draw the list boxes correctly
course once the above five items have been completed, we will still have
a lot more to do. However the application will be in a form that the
general public can view and see our progress.
To track the progress of the above issues please add yourself to the cc list of issue 80799.
There are a variety of way that you can help us:
- Test upcoming versions of OpenOffice.org for Mac OS X using the X11 windowing environment (including localised versions).
- Translate our documentation.
- Contribute to the OpenOffice.org wiki
- Contributing to the code of OpenOffice.org.
- Send us money, to buy hardware, training for our developers and help towards our travel and events.
- Build the Aqua version
- Provide processor time for OpenOffice.org developers to test their new code on the Mac Platform, through the buildbot or tinderbox systems.