|HOME||BUILD INSTRUCTIONS||TESTING STATUS||ISSUES|
As of OOo 3.3, the IRIX port has been considered obsolete and the relevant code has been removed from the code base, see issue 106845.
Welcome To The OpenOffice.org IRIX Porting SitePorting of OpenOffice.org to IRIX officially begun in September 2001. The initial work involved testing a variety of compilers and tools to determine the best way OpenOffice.org was to be built for IRIX. (For a list of tools, compilers, and libraries used to build OOo on IRIX, refer to the build instructions page.
The engineers were working on the project:
- Nick Blievers, who was an employee of Adacel Technologies, working directly with SGI. Nick has now moved to another job.
Others who have been involved in the port are:
- George Zahopoulos for much work on 1.0, and ensuring that 1.0 got released and packaged
- Victor Riley, the SGI contact supervising the port,
- Jeff Hanson,
and a special thanks to
- Ralph Thomas for his on-going efforts in porting bridges, and
- John Mark Vandenberg for all his work on the port.
- OpenOffice.org IRIX port is now complete!
The porting stage of the project is now complete! Our main showstopper bug has been found and rectified. Check out the build instructions section for how to build it yourself, OR download the binaries via the link below!
We have a tinderbox builds of OpenOffice.org that are built daily on one of our machines in SGI. More details can be found at http://ooo.ximian.com/tinderbox/
DOWNLOAD OpenOffice.org binaries for IRIX!!!
Click HERE to download OpenOffice.org 1.0.3 binaries for Irix!
NOTE: - These binaries are Mips4 only, and wont run on anything less!
This site was last updated on May 7th, 17:30 AEST 2003