OpenOffice.org Conference (OOoCon 2006)
Better prices for the travel
As Air France is our official carrier, you can get savings for your flight between Sept 8, 2006 and Sept 16, 2006. You will have to put you name and surname on this document and print it. You have to print the document and take it with you during your reservation and travel.
You can save up to 45% for flights in metropolitan france. For international flights, there might be savings too, but we do not have any rate. For any problems with this agreement, contact Air France.
The OpenOffice.org Conference 2006 will take place at INSA Lyon located 20 Avenue Albert Einstein, on the DOUA Campus of Lyon (France).
If you wonder how to survive in France, perhaps you should download and take the French survival guide with you.
Lyon and the area
For all those interested in checking out what Lyon and the surrounding area have to offer, you can visit these sites with touristic information.
- Pictures of Lyon (FR)
- Lyon Tourism Office
- City of Lyon site
- Tourist Information for Rhônes-Alpes region
Useful city maps of Lyon
- Via Michelin offers a map with several views of Lyon
- Map of the INSA campus (.png image)
- Access map from airport or train station to INSA (.pdf version)
- Subway (Metro) and Tramway map
- Public transportations map of Lyon
- Subway and Tramway availables at night
Météo France will give you all the needed informations to know how to dress !
Coming to Lyon
The Lyon Saint Exupery Airport will be your arrival Airport. See the WorldAirportGuide for informations about this airport
Once at the airport, take the airport shuttle for downtown Lyon ("Centre de Lyon") (Lyon Part-Dieu train station) which runs every 20 min. For further information (itineraries, timetable, prices) visit the airport bus line site at: http://www.satobus.com/welcome.html. The shuttle will bring you to the Lyon Part-Dieu train station.
EU citizens use their regular license. Everyone else (with some exceptions) should obtain an international drivers license. You can come to INSA by Road:
- Via "Rocade Est" ring road: exit 1B then "Croix Luizet", follow "la Doua", then "Domaine Scientifique de la Doua".
- Via the Boulevard Laurent BONNEVAY: exit 6 "Porte de Croix Luizet", then follow direction "Campus de la Doua".
You can prepare your route with those sites :
Speed limits in France:
- 130 km/h (~85 mph) on highways
- 110 km/h (~65 mph) on roads reserved for motor vehicles
- 90 km/h (~60 mph) on other roads
- 50 km/h in towns
Two railway station offer an access to Lyon: Lyon Part-Dieu and Lyon Perrache. The SNCF site will help you to book your tickets to one of these station.
Coming to INSA
Once at Lyon Part-Dieu or Lyon Perrache train station, take the tramway T1 direction "IUT Feyssine" and get off at "Croix-Luizet station"
- Pizza: 7-8 €
- Beer: 2 €
- Meal: 7-8 €
- Car Rental: 25 €/day
- Hotel rooms: 33 €/day
- Taxi from airport to the Part-Dieu station: 38€
- Taxi from Airport to INSA: 40€
If you want to learn some french sentences before to come to the conferences, you can report to one of these website. Just try them, they are free and could help you.
Lunches during the conferences
On a campus there are only a few ways to take lunch. We get some arrangements for you to take lunches at the best rates. You will find the different prices and options below.
The university restaurant will propose you a starter, a hot meal, a dessert, 1/4 liter of drink and a coffee at the price of 7.5 €
Picnic bags will be sold on the conferences main place at the first floor containing: a sandwich, 1/4 a liter of drink and a dessert at the price of 4 €