What does the Marketing Project do?
- We set the Marketing Strategy for Apache OpenOffice and cajole and encourage all Apache OpenOffice marketing activity to follow its direction.
- We provide marketing expertise to the Community Council and other Apache OpenOffice Projects.
- We act as a central collection point in the English language for marketing materials
- We maintain a Press Kit for the media and produce Press Releases on behalf of the Community. We act as a first point of contact for the media.
- We are responsible for awarding the annual Apache OpenOffice Conference to local organising teams.
- We maintain the why openoffice.org website, the product pages, and the community shop.
- We compile the Marketing Project Planet with feeds to various blogs.
We also provide a home for the Community's Art Project, and its collection of logos, buttons, banners, etc. The Branding Project is also part of our efforts.