Lingucomponent Sub-Project: Grammar Checking
One of the goals of the Lingucomponent project is to design, develop, and implement a Grammar checker for English and other supported languages. A grammar checker API has been available in OpenOffice.org since version 3.0. More information about the API is available at the following sources:
If you have any interest in helping to implement a grammar checker for the OpenOffice.org project, please subscribe to the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself, your skills, and your willingness to help this project.
Links to Open Source grammar checkers
- After the Deadline, a grammar checker for English, with OpenOffice.org integration
- An Gramadóir, a grammar checker for the Irish language
- CoGrOO, a grammar checker for Portuguese
- GRAC, corpus-based grammar checker written in Python
- Esperantilo, Esperanto
- graviax, grammar rules and grammar checker for the English language
- LanguageTool, a style and grammar checker with OpenOffice.org integration, for English, French, German, Polish, Dutch, and other languages
- Link Grammar, not really a grammar checker but a parser for the English language, also see the link grammar page at AbiWord
- Lightproof, Hungarian, also minimal rule sets for English and Russian
Links to commercial grammar checkers
Listing a link here does not imply and kind of endorsement from OpenOffice.org.