Guide for Uninstalling the Office Scripting Framework
Uninstalling the Scripting FrameworkCurrently there is no automated process for uninstalling the Scripting Framework, so uninstalling must be done manually (the process will be automated in a future release). The Scripting Framework will eventually be included in the standard OpenOffice.org install/uninstall process.
To remove the Scripting Framework:
- Delete the files:
- <Office Installation>/user/uno_packages/ooscriptframe.zip
- <Office Installation>/user/uno_packages/bshruntime.zip
- <Office Installation>/user/uno_packages/jsruntime.zip
- <Office Installation>/user/basic/ScriptBindingLibrary/ (delete entire directory)
- You may also delete the line referring to library:name="ScriptBindingLibrary" in script.xlc and dialog.xlc found in <Office Installation>/user/basic/ directory. This will remove the entry for ScriptBindingLibrary in Tools->Macro
- <Office Installation>/share/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Scripting.xcs
- <Office Installation>/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Scripting.xcu
- Switch to the <Office Installation>/program directory and
run the command: pkgchk
- On Windows: pkgchk.exe
- On Solaris/Linux: ./pkgchk
- Use the Tools/Configure dialog to remove the "Scripting Add-ons" entry in the Tools menu.
If you wish to remove any scripts from your installation they are stored in the directories:
- <Office Installation>/user/Scripts
- <Office Installation>/share/Scripts
To remove any menu, key or event bindings that you have set up for Office scripts.
- The original configuration can be restored by removing the files used by the Scripting Framework and replacing them with the files that were backed up during installation.
- cd <Office>/user/config/soffice.cfg/
- Delete all files that don't end in a .bak extension.
- Rename the .bak files to their original name (i.e. without the .bak extension).
- e.g. writermenubar.xml.bak to writermenubar.xml
- cd to META-INF
- Delete manifest.xml
- If it is there, rename manifest.xml.bak to manifest.xml
- NOTE: The configuration files are only created when a change is made through Tools -> Configure. It is possible that no files needed to be backed up during installation of the Scripting Framework.
- List of config files possibly backed up in <Office>/user/config/soffice.cfg/
If you have installed Office Scripting support into a NetBeans installation you can remove it by deleting:
- <NetBeans Installation>/modules/office.jar
Last Modified: Fri Jun 20 15:27:54 BST 2003