This page is outdated. You will be redirected to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org /wiki/Documentation/FAQ shortly.
How do I insert a page number in the form of 'Page 1 of N' on each page of a spreadsheet?
Page numbers can be inserted into the header or footer sections of a spreadsheet. These will be visible only in the Page Preview mode and on the print. The page numbers will not be visible on, nor are they related to, the calc sheets themselves. The page numbers reflect the defined print areas of the workbook. To insert page numbers, follow these instructions:
- From the pull-down menus, select Edit > Headers & Footers...
- Select either the Header tab or the Footer tab.
- Click in the area where the page number blurb will display (Left, Center, or Right) to place the cursor inside the box.
- Type Page, then add one space character.
- The available data fields are represented by a row of icons below the left, center, and right input areas. Click on the document icon with ONE number sign [ # ] to insert the page number field.
- Type a space, of, and another space.
- Click on the document icon with TWO number signs [ ## ] to insert the page total field.
- Click OK.
Note: The data fields available int the header and footer settings are the only data fields and formats available in spreadsheets.