This page is outdated. You will be redirected to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org /wiki/Documentation/FAQ shortly.
How do I rotate a column title so that it fits above my very narrow column?
There are a few options. Follow these instructions:
- Select the cells where you wish to rotate the text.
- From the pull down menu, go to Format > Cells...
- In the dialog that appears, click on the Alignment tab.
- Click on the button labeled ABCD. (Letters on the button are arranged from top to bottom.) This box will arrange your title with the first character at the top of the cell, the second character underneath it, as shown in the label on the button. Click OK to see the effect.
- Alternatively, drag the little dot on the circle to the bottom of the circle (or enter 270 in the Degrees box). This will rotate the text in the selected cell by 270 degrees. Click OK to see the effect. Experiment with placement of the dot to learn more.