This page is outdated. You will be redirected to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org /wiki/Documentation/FAQ shortly.
How do I make a wide title cell extend across several columns in my spreadsheet?
Follow these instructions:
- Select the multiple cells in which the title is to appear. Do this by clicking in the first cell, then hold down the mouse button and drag the selection box across the last cell of your chosen area.
- From the pull-down menu, select Format > Merge Cells > Define. The cells selected in the step above now appear as one.
Many times, the title or merged-area created needs the text centered or aligned within it. To do this:
- Click on the title cell to select it.
- From the pull-down menu, select Format > Cells.
- On the dialog that appears, select the Alignment tab.
- Both the Horizontal and Vertical alignment of text can be set here, where other adjustments to cell text are allowed as well. The alignments can also be defined more simply by clicking on the alignment buttons on the toolbar above the spreadsheet.