OpenOffice.org 2 - Descrizione Prodotto
Versione 2 - un'altra prima per OpenOffice.org
OpenOffice.org Version 1 was the first product to deliver the benefits of open-source software to mass-market users, delivering essential everyday software tools completely free of charge. Translated into over 30 languages, available on all major computing platforms (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X X11, GNU/Linux, Solaris), OpenOffice.org Version 1 is now in use by tens of millions of delighted users worldwide.
With Version 2, it gets even better:
- the first office suite to use the new OASIS OpenDocument format, the future-proof international standard for office software
- easier to install, with a whole new look and feel, matched to the type of computer in use
- more intuitive, more easy to use than ever, with a host of new usability features
- introducing a major new component, Base: an easy-to-use database manager with a fully integrated database
- more compatible with other software packages – now understands even obscure and rarely used features in major competitors
But the licence is still the same: you may download OpenOffice.org Version 2 completely free of any licence fees, use it for any purpose– private, educational, government and public administration, commercial – and pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.
What’s so great about OpenOffice.org?
As the name suggests, OpenOffice.org is the most open office suite available:
- no commercial licences or software compliance issues to worry about
- no language barriers - if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- available on all major computing platforms
- the first office suite to comply with the OASIS OpenDocument format
- the source code for the software is freely available under a full OSI certified licence
OpenOffice.org is synonymous with quality
- the roots of OpenOffice.org go back twenty years, creating a huge wealth of experience
- hundreds of thousands of users have participated in the beta testing of version 2
- with a fully open development process, OpenOffice.org has nothing to hide - the product stands or falls on its reputation
OpenOffice.org is friendly
- the software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- it’s easy to change to OpenOffice.org - the software reads all major competitors’ files
- OpenOffice.org is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, only too happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
What’s in OpenOffice.org?
WRITER is OpenOffice.org’s word processor: use it for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book with embedded illustrations, cross-references, tables of contents, indexes, bibliographies... Auto-complete, auto-format, and real-time spelling check make light work of the hardest task. Writer is powerful enough to tackle desktop publishing tasks such as creating multi-column newsletters, brochures – the only limit is your imagination.
Use CALC to bring your numbers under control. This powerful spreadsheet has all the tools you need to calculate, analyse, summarise, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics. A fully-integrated help system makes entering complex formulas a breeze. Sophisticated decision-making tools are just a few mouse clicks away. Pull in external data using the Data Pilot, and sort it, filter it, and produce subtotals and statistical analyses. Use previews to select from thirteen categories of 2-D and 3-D charts including line, area, column, pie, XY, stock and net with dozens of variants.
IMPRESS is the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations. Your presentations will truly stand out with special effects, animation and high-impact drawing tools.
DRAW will produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations and special effects.
New to Version 2, BASE enables you to manipulate database data seamlessly within OpenOffice.org. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, either using your own database or Base’s own built-in HSQL database engine.
Scopri di più o provalo oggi!
1Users of version 1.0 can find a summary of new features here.