The Free and Open Productivity Suite
Follow us on Twitter: @ApacheOO

Meeting Minutes

OpenOffice.org

Weekly Meeting common User Interface (CUI)

Date

May 16th 2002

Time

10:00h, MEST

Location

Cupertino, eham-02

Attendees

Hans-Peter Burow (PB)
Christian Jansen (CJ)
Matthias Müller-Prove (MMP)
Daniel Rentz (DR)
Gunnar Timm (GT)
Christian Lippka (CL)
Frank Schönheit (FS)

Minute Taker

FS (next: PB, DR, GT, CL, OS, FS )

Distribution List

http://ui.openoffice.org/protocols

Table of Contents

1 Action Items

2 Round table


1 Action Items

Item

Responsible

Status

previous items

Create a concept of Common UI factory design

FS

stalled (due July 2002)

Toolboxes in dialogs must get the correct image list set (standard/high contrast)

All ui developers

closed 1

High Contrast mode (HC mode) for Listboxes, Treelistboxes and Browseboxes must be handled where used with bitmaps

All ui developers

closed 1

Calling SetModeBitmap for all dialog controls with bitmaps

All ui developers

closed 1

Proposal for Accessibility (focus, keyboard) of automatic Help Agent (the window with the bulb)

CJ

stalled 2

Collect options inside the application tabpages for CJ that are now redundant because they're also available in the new color tabpage.

OS, DR, CL

done

Redesign the applications tabpages that need to remove options because they're not in the color tabpage 3

CJ

open 3

write task for changing the mouse cursor when positioned over the document boundaries

CJ

done 4

new items

Write task for specifying the Help Content Accessibility

CJ



Comments on Action Items


    0. blue text denotes changes from the previous week

    1. These items are closed – the common work is done, for all remaining issues separate bugs are to be files once the problems are encountered. This allows better tracking.

    2. this is stalled due to the current workload

    3. this item depends on the previous one

    4. this feature was not only specified and filed, but alreay implemented at the time the meeting took place.

2 Round table

2.1 Testing HC readiness

The automated testing will provide tools for doing screenshots from all known dialogs, one for HC and one for “normal” mode. This will ease checking the coverage of our HC implementations a lot. The test is then to be run and done by CJ.

2.2 The help viewer lacks some functionality for Accessibility. Current ideas are:



This will probably lead to an own options page dedicated to the help content, where the new options are to be merged with the already existent onces, which reside on other pages currently.

CL is to file a bug for this.

2.3 Splitters

There was a discussion about the Accessibility of Splitter windows. There exists a proposal to move splitters by using Alt + Cursor keys, but this has the disadvantage of conflicting with traveling within CTL-glyphs (which uses Alt-Cursor-Left/-Right, too). No sufficient solution has been found, yet.

Page 1 of 1

Apache Software Foundation

Copyright & License | Privacy | Website Feedback | Contact Us | Donate | Thanks

Apache, the Apache feather logo, and OpenOffice are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. OpenOffice.org and the seagull logo are registered trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. Other names appearing on the site may be trademarks of their respective owners.