25th January 2004
- Japanese government supporting a project to add PGP digital signing of OpenOffice.org documents
- Tamil OOo 1.1 Linux Build released
- Using OOo's XML sax parser to construct a DOM in StarBasic (and python)
- A french translation of Andrew Pitonyaks StarBasic document is available
- Native Widget Framework updates
- Many updates to Starbasic for compatability
- German team's collection of over 50 templates
- Developing Calc functions using the Scripting Framework
Japanese government supporting a project to add PGP digital signing of OpenOffice.org documentsAnnounced on the discuss mailing list was a project to implement PGP signing of OOo files. This should complement the effort already underway by the Sun developers.
Tamil OOo 1.1 Linux Build releasedThe Tamil team has released a Linux test build of the Tamil localized OpenOffice.org 1.1.0.You can see a screenshot and many others in the link above. They already have a Windows build available at the location above. The announcement is here.
Using OOo's XML sax parser to construct a DOM in StarBasic (and python)Robert Sanderson wrote this example which demonstrates several things :
- Using the UCB's SimpleFileAccess to read from a file. (UCB = Universal Content Broker)
- Using OOo's XML sax parser.
- Creating a listener with Basic's CreateUnoListener() function.
A french translation of Andrew Pitonyaks StarBasic document is availableSome great work from the french team has produced a translation of Andrew Pitonyaks document which is a great starter for StarBasic and is full of examples
Native Widget Framework updatesLots more work on the NWF, include this mail where Dan Williams states that the NWF should be close to feature complete in 2/3 weeks.
Many updates to Starbasic for compatabilityIn this email Andreas Bregas gives an overview on improvements being made to the compatability with VBA and general improvements to StarBasic:
- Allow special characters as identifiers
- Recursion in Basic: extend limit, currently at 500
- Implement VBA Compatibility option in Basic
- Change rmdir command in VBA mode
- VBA compatible behaviour of Basic Dir command
- Local Variable name clashes with Module Scope Variable
- Public/Private keywords not supported for Procedures
- Set keyword not supported fully in Star/OpenOffice Basic
- Control which libraries are loaded by default in Star/OpenOffice Basic
- Optional Param and Default Values
- User Defined Types
- Handling of nested quotes
- Object Reference support
- CCurr and CVar not supported
- ReDim Type not Optional
- Public/ Private variables
- Optional parameters to UNO compoments require positional placeholders
- Creation of Const String for Non Printable characters
- Support Help URLs in Star/OpenOffice Basic comment fields
German team's collection of over 50 templatesThe Germanophone project have a collection of over 50 templates (all under LGPL/SISSL, most covered by JCA) online.
Developing Calc functions using the Scripting FrameworkDuncan Foster was wondering whether it was possible to add functions for Calc formulas in StarBasic or any other language. Niklas Nebel informed him that it was and actually that there were several ways to do this. However there will have to be some more work on the part of the Scripting Framework and the User Experience team.
This weeks Issuezilla summaryNo summary this week as the digest is going out earlier than usual. However you can find all the necessary stats here.
This weeks CVS summary
Some of the interesting developments over the last number of weeks include:week 4 (2004):
- inplace activation and editing of embedded objects
- continuing work on increasing the no of rows beyond 32k
- Initial revision DirectX canvas, and addition of a FPS counter
- more compatability fixes for MSWord
- new scp tooling added - mainly used for installation
- lots of changes for the "new" database application
- improve RTF and MSWord compatability
- pt-br translations
- lots of forms work
- lots of StarBasic fixes
- added events for the SAX DOM builder
- more work on the VCL gtk plugin
- lots more GTK, Win32 and KDE fixes (getting close to feature complete)
- new chart implementation API
- lots more work on the new layout manager (I hear that it is nearing merge)
- the dialogs diet continues